Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Painting finally finished

Well after several years I finally decided to get this thing done. Here are some pictures of the end results of alot of sanding and painting. The paint I used was Rustoleum Marine. The deck and boot stripe are Oyster White, the hull is Deep Green and below the waterline is Old Salem Copper Bronze. Deck got 2 coats rolled and tipped, 2 coats sprayed. I used a Kawasaki detail HVLP
gun for the deck and thinned the paint 25% with mineral spirits. The hull got 3 coats with a Harbor Freight HVLP gun, thinned the same. Deck and hull were wet sanded between coats with 400 wet/dry paper. Boot stripe got 3 coats also. Below the waterline got 2 coats of the Old Salem. I really tried the roll and tip method but didn't care for it. I think that spraying was easier. Check her out. Here name will be "Take Another Road".

No comments:

Post a Comment